The Illinois Department of Corrections (DOC), in conjunction with the Capital Development Board (CDB), is constructing a new in-patient treatment center in Joliet, Will County, Illinois.
The Illinois Department of Corrections (DOC), in conjunction with the Capital Development Board, is constructing a new in-patient treatment center in Joliet, Will County, Illinois. The project includes a 16+ acre site development expansion adjacent to the Joliet Treatment Center Campus. This design/build project, led by River City Construction and HDR, consists of a new 160,000-square-foot in-patient treatment building, a new 20,000-square-foot administration building, a new 10,000-square-foot central utility plant building, and a new bar screen building. The site development to serve the new buildings includes access roads, pedestrian access, parking lot expansion, site security fencing, grading and earthwork, new stormwater management facilities, site structures, new utility services, and utility relocation.
Collins is providing the civil engineering services for the project as part of a design/build team. The site/civil engineering services include:
- Extension and relocation of sanitary sewer and watermain
- New water and sanitary sewer services for the new buildings and respective Illinois EPA permitting
- Grading design and earthwork analysis for the 16+ acre development area including retaining wall design
- Drainage design for the overall site including underground storm sewer, grass swales, and asphalt curbing
- Overall stormwater management design, including detention pond and underground detention design
- Erosion and sediment control and permitting, including preparation of the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Paving and signing and marking design for site access and pedestrian circulation
- Preparation of specifications and construction details associated with the site civil design
- Fire line modeling utilizing WaterCAD
Additionally, Collins is providing construction administration services including addressing site RFIs, submittal reviews, shop drawing reviews, site observation visits, project punch list, and project closeout documentation.
LEED certification for the project is required. Collins is providing documentation and support for the site’s LEED credits for this certification.