Collins was selected by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) to perform underwater bridge inspection and engineering services to identify existing scour conditions at bridge substructures and develop a countermeasure plan of action. A total of 120 bridges were inspected.
- Underwater inspections in accordance with current NBIS standards
- Inspection of current scour conditions at each structure
- Determination of the extent of the bridge scour
- Providing underwater acoustic images or equivalent images of the scour condition
- Hydraulic analysis including scour and stream stability to determine the flow characteristics during different flood events
- Design and development of a countermeasure plan of action to correct bridge scour or stream stability issues in accordance with HEC 18 and HEC 23
- Production of a contract-ready proposal in the current KYTC format to implement the plan of action
Collins prepared underwater inspection reports in digital format consistent with recent reports and compatible with the Division of Maintenance’s current software and documenting procedures. The inspection reporting included posting the completed underwater inspection reports, summary notes, pertinent underwater photographs, National Bridge Inspection coding information, and element level condition ratings into Pontis.