Collins was contracted by Roadside Development, LLC to provide the project management, bridge structure design, and civil site design for the Potomac Town Center mixed-used development in Prince William County, Virginia. As part of that development, two new access roadways and bridge crossings over the Cow Branch stream were designed and permitted.
Collins’ design services included:
- Permitting multiple phases of the project through stringent Prince William County review and approval process and accommodating rezoning proffered conditions
- Various site plan alternatives and parking analyses
- Balancing final grading and early grading plans during the multiple phases and site plan changes
- Erosion control and sedimentation design and permitting
- Coordination with various utility agencies in providing service to the site within the easement allowances and limited corridor space
- Building hardscape and utility coordination with the architect
- Preparation of final site plan construction documents for permit approval
- Site landscape coordination
- Environmental permitting coordination and plan assistance
- Coordination of design impact within two overhead electric transmission easements spanning 280 feet across the site
- Coordination of high-pressure gas main relocation
- Coordination of the relocation of 24-inch transmission water main
- Successful preparation and coordination of rezoning applications and special-use permits
- Structural design, permitting, and construction observation of two roadway bridges
- Construction administration services including addressing RFI submittals and shop drawing reviews, site observation, and project closeout
Coordination with numerous parties was required including the owners; multiple general contractors and architects; MEP engineer; geotechnical engineer; traffic engineers; surveyor; Virginia DOT; Prince William County planning, watershed, service authority, and zoning department staff; multiple utility agencies; Virginia Department of Environmental Quality; and PWC site inspection.
Collins continues to provide site civil services to the new owners of the center for ongoing redevelopment.