Terry Browne has served in a variety of leadership positions at Collins since 1994. Over the course of his career, he has demonstrated commitment to employee and job site safety. In his current role, Terry serves as the corporate safety officer, business continuity lead, and chairperson of Collins’ Safety Committee.
As an NHI Certified Instructor and DuPont Certified Safety Training Program Instructor, Terry is frequently involved in course development and training for both safety and engineering topics. Terry serves on industry safety forums with ACEC and ASSP. He is also an active member on the Transportation Research Board (TRB) Standing Committee on Workforce Development and Organizational Excellence, and serves in numerous leadership roles for other professional societies and organizations.
Terry has served on advisory committees at the collegiate, local, state, and federal level. His expertise covers a range of topics including:
- Safety, security, and emergency response
- Training instruction and manual development
- Structure design, rehabilitation, construction, and assessment
- Inspection technologies
- Investigation techniques
Additional certifications and training include:
- Risk Assessment Methodology (RAM) for evaluation of activities and facilities, as well as risk-based approach project planning
- Incident Command Systems (NIMS Emergency Management Institute)
- Incident Investigations (National Transportation Safety Board Training Center)
- Crisis Management and Emergency Risk Communication by CDC, DRI, ICMA, et al.
- Threat Liaison Officer (TLO) Program and Trainings by NTAC, USSS, DHS, et al.